Waste Water Operator “B”
Department: Public Works
Position Hours: Full-Time, 8:00am – 5:00pm; may include weekends and holidays as well as On-Call work.
- Operates and controls electric motors, pumps and valves to regulate flow of raw water treatment facility and cleans filter beds using backwash system.
- Monitors panel board and adjusts controls to regulate flow rates, loss of head pressure, water elevation, and the distribution of water, and performs various water sample tests.
- Prepares various records and reports including flow charts, filter backwash charts, turbidity charts, bacteria records, dosage charts, calibration records, etc. and maintains such records and reports as directed by SC DHEC.
- Vocational/Technical school education/training in water treatment plant operations
- 3-5 years of experience in water treatment operations
- At least a Class “C” Waste Water Certification with the ability to attain a Class “B” License
- 3-5 years of experience in water treatment operations with a Class “B” Waste Water Certification
- Or any equivalent combination of education, training and experience which provides the required skills, knowledge and abilities.
Benefits: Competitive Salary, with an excellent benefits package including 13 paid holidays, participation in the State Retirement System and the State Health Plan, and local gym reimbursement.