Utility Plant Operator
Department: Public Works/Utilities Department
Position Hours: Full-Time, 8:00am – 5:00pm; may include weekends and holidays as well as On-Call work
· Inspects and performs preventative maintenance on water and wastewater plant equipment, ensuring proper working condition
· Operates, utilizes and maintains various machinery and tools including laboratory equipment, service generators, mug-hogs, mechanic’s tools, carpentry tools, computer, calculator, diagnostic instruments, etc
· Collects and analyzes water and wastewater samples; records results and reports any irregularities
· Prepares and processes equipment records, flow records and reports, maintenance records, special program reports, DHEC reports, etc
· Interacts and communicates with a variety of individuals and groups in the performance of daily activities which includes department head, immediate supervisor, customers, trainees, consultants, DHEC personnel, etc
· Requires High School Diploma or GED, current Driver’s License, and one to two years of relevant training and experience.
· South Carolina Biological Wastewater D License preferred or must obtain within first year of employment
Pay Info: Based on experience
Benefits: Competitive Salary, with an excellent benefits package including 14 paid holidays, participation in the State Retirement System and the State Health Plan, and local gym reimbursement.
To apply, please fill out an application at City Hall. For more information contact Human Resources at 803-433-5114.
The City of Manning is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The city does not discriminate based on race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin, or disability.